READS FOR YOUR WEEKEND

Old patterns can be tricky, a bit like old cook books. There's a certain level of assumed knowledge. I've got pattern books that go ...

Old patterns can be tricky, a bit like old cook books. There's a certain level of assumed knowledge. I've got pattern books that go back to the 1930s and I have to read the pattern and try to imagine what's actually building on the needles.


If I am working a pattern I've not knitted before, I try it on a reclaimed yarn stash first. So far so good with this stash. It was $4 for the lot and will make up this 1970s cardigan. I'm finding decreasing on the front pieces fiddly because you have to remember where you'd be up to for each line of pattern.

Less taxing are these reads, finds and musings from the past few weeks. (Well, all but The Handmaid's Tale are less taxing. Are you watching it?)

These pieces of 'fancy work' have sad stories
The gaps make you think, or at least they should
This just arrived and I can't wait to use it
Two episodes into The Handmaid's Tale and I had to stop a moment
Make a difference with your next print job
Rhubarb's back on the farmer's market tables
Wish I was heading back here

You Might Also Like

0 comments