STASH A SUMMER KNIT INTO YOUR HOLIDAY BEACH BAG

There's no need to put down the sticks and yarn these summer holidays. You could be legitimately knitting up the latest beach trend. ...

There's no need to put down the sticks and yarn these summer holidays. You could be legitimately knitting up the latest beach trend.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || Womens Weekly Beach Knits

Beach trend, or not, there's actually not much on my sticks at the moment.

I did start a knitted coat for a rag doll some time in November but its been more fiddly than anticipated.

There's also my long-term project to complete a Jenny Kee picture knit pattern. I'll get it out again as soon as the doll's jacket is done. I've been putting it off because it takes so much bloody concentration. Knitting in my house is an extreme sport, accompanied by the profanities.

It is tempting to get something smaller and easier started.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || vintage knit and crochet swimwear
My Mum tells this story about how Dad crocheted her a bikini. She says it was near impossible to wear but it was a sign of his true love. I'm going to leave it at that and simply commend him on tackling an ambitious first-time crochet project. 

Had he been courting my Mum in 2016, he could have just forked over the cash. Every major swimwear label seemed to have a knitted or crocheted piece in its collection this summer. 

Seafolly, She Made Me (my favourite nod to the 1970s), All About EveFreepeople, Anna Kosturova and The Bikini Lab are just a few of the swimwear brands sporting crochet bikinis and one-pieces.

katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || 1970s knit and crochet swimwear
katiecrackernuts.blogspot.com.au || knit and crochet swimwear from Womens Weekly 1970s
I'm in the market for a new pair of togs, my favourite thrifted one-piece having served me for many a summer and these needing new brass rings before I can wear them again. The rusted rings that attach the straps to the bodice leave unsightly black stains on my skin. 

Maybe I will cast on that new project.* 
*Yeah. No.

You Might Also Like

1 comments